August 22, 2009

Fred Durst, starring in "Why the 'F' is Fred Durst famous?"



Fred Durst puts the 'F' in "Why the 'F' is Fred Durst famous?".

Here's the scoop:
Fred went to the Navy.
Fred married, divorced, then went to jail after pummeling the man who had sex with his ex-wife.

Fred moved to Florida to start over.
Fred tried to be a tattoo artist. 
Fred realized he sucked as a tattoo artist.

Fred got serious about music.
Fred recruited other guys serious about music.
Fred formed the band Limp Bizkit.

Fred BSed the crap out of record labels to gain cred for his band:
"I was acting like I was my own manager on the phone. I'd change my voice and I'd change my name and was talking shit to all these record companies. Everybody. Just bullcrap, not knowing a thing about the industry, but they were believing me because I'm a good bull-shitter." 
-Fred Durst

Fred stole a song from George Michaels called "Faith."
Fred infiltrated MTV.
Fred gained a fan base and made a hit record.

Lessons in fame w/ Fred:
1. Start gossipy celebrity feuds; ie: Slipknot, Placebo, Megadeth
2. Have sex with a celebrity (*cough*, Britney Spears), then tell intimate details to anyone.
3. Establish an image, which is completely false.
"I play up the pimp thing on purpose. Like, when I'm on MTV, these chicks are fanning and massaging me. It's not like I attracted 'em off the street. We fucking hired 'em. I want everybody to be thinking I'm having the time of my life, but I'm single and miserable." -Fred Durst

See Fred sing "Faith" here:


No comments:

Post a Comment